Only this year am I accepting sponsorships until 2011 August 12 at 23:59 EST.
Thanks for reading.
"If you want to know all about Andy Warhol, just look at the surface of my paintings and films and me, and there I am. There's nothing behind it."
"Thank you self! Your tireless efforts for 6 years now is appreciated my more than just me, but I am sure the Tibetan Nuns thank you as well."I have given a great deal of thought to sponsorship this year. Any other year and I would only (or mostly only) accept sponsors, to be considered for and listed for the event, through the end of the event itself. This year I will accept sponsors and list them up to next Friday, 2011 August 12 at 23:59 EST (11:59 pm). All the information is listed in the side bar, to the right.
"The Tibetan Nuns Project was founded over two decades ago to provide education and humanitarian aid to refugee nuns from Tibet and Himalayan regions of India. The Project provides facilities and programs to educate, empower, and improve the status of ordained Tibetan women.
The Tibetan Nuns Project is dedicated to:
The Tibetan Nuns Project was established under the auspices of the Tibetan Women's Association and the Department of Religion and Culture of H.H. the Dalai Lama."
- Improving standards of food, sanitation, medical care, and education in Tibetan nunneries
- Working towards future self-sufficiency through educational and training opportunities
- Training nuns to take leadership and service roles within their communities
- Improving the level and status of ordained Buddhist women
- Assisting recently arrived refugee nuns from Tibet
- Continuing to establish further facilities for Buddhist nuns
- Through our sponsorship program, funded by sponsors from around the world, we currently support over 700 Tibetan nuns living in north India. To learn more, click here.
- from the Tibetan Nuns Project