Saturday, August 6, 2011

14 :: Fishing

My Grandparents just left. They visited because it is my Mother's 23rd wedding anniversary. My Mother's husband is participating in a fishing contest with my younger brother at the club they belong to in Buffalo, NY. They will not be back until this evening.

This is the first time my brother has been out fishing since he hurt his knee, for the second time, about a month ago. Even though I do not like the idea of fishing, I do hope he has a good time. He has a developmental disability falling within the autism spectrum and now, at his request, lives in a group home about nine miles away. He told me a while back that he likes fishing because it calms him --- and he like to eat them. They are fishing in Lake Erie, so eating the fish is not really a good idea, but they do anyway.